Wow I can't believe it's August already! This year is definitely just flying by. July was quite a light month of reading for me, between being very busy - just yesterday we visited Peveril Castle to enjoy their medieval day and then went over to the St Anne's Kite Festival, feeling a little slumpy and planning something super exciting for my blog I don't seem to have read as much. I have however done a blog review for almost everything I have read this month so that was a bonus (there are a couple more to be completed and I will link once they're up too).
August is another busy one on the blog with some blog tours and plenty of reviews as usual. I have big news though, I will have a new feature that I have been planning and getting ready (I really need an extra 10 hours a day!) and it will be called Getting To Know... and I have some absolutely fabulous authors and book bloggers lined up who have answered questions for me. I'm really excited about this, a lot of work has gone into this and I really hope you all like it!
So onto the books I did read in July
1. The Iliad by Homer - 2 Stars
2. Everyday Monsters by Lauren Christopher - 5 Stars
3. The Girl From The Sea by Shalini Boland - 5 Stars
4. Harvest Festival by Karl Drinkwater - 5 Stars
5. Iced by Karen Marie Moning - 2 Stars
6. Nomad by James Swallow - 5 Stars
7. Crossbones by Stefan M. Nardi - 5 Stars
8. Batman: Long Shadows by Judd Winick - 4 Stars
9. A Single Drop Of Perfect And Other Stories by Jessikah Hope Stenson - 5 Stars
10. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer - 3 Stars
I'm really hoping to get a lot more read in August as I don't want t get stuck in a slump for too long. My buddy reader and I will be starting our new book this week and I'm hoping that going back to our classics after having a more contemporary break will be inspiration.
What have you read this month? Anything that you'd recommend? Have you read any of the books I have, what did you think of them?